To see all of the requests we have accepted and the amount funded, click here.
The Student Union Assembly’s Bylaws permit that we can only fund Registered Student Organizations (RSO) in order to promote a successful academic and social experience at UC Santa Cruz. You can find the full length version of our Constitution and Bylaws under the About tab on this website. You can also access some basic information about our funding process here. For the 2012-2013 academic year, applications for funding requests will only be accepted for review if they are submitted within the application time frame. Please understand that the RSO funding line item is restricted in our budget to the following amounts* and that funding awards are not guaranteed upon request:
*These amounts are staggered because data from prior years has shown that we receive more funding requests each quarter, most notably in Spring.
SUA’s New Funding Process
In effort to make our funding allocations more sustainable for our budget, fairer to the orgs. that request and depend on our funds, and more reflective of a responsible and consistent process, the SUA officers have adjusted the process for hearing funding requests. To begin, the Chair and SUA Treasurer will now facilitate the meetings of a new SUA committee, SUA RSO Funding Committee, every other Wednesday in the Student Union Assembly from 5-6pm. We will welcome student orgs. that have been placed on the agenda to present to this smaller, well-trained group of SUA Representatives for 5 minutes each. After hearing the requests, the Committee will make recommendations for the SUA General Body. Within the upcoming week, the Committee members hold the responsibility of ensuring their respective constituencies can weigh-in on the recommendations and suggest amendments. At the following General Body meeting, we will have 5 minutes per funding recommendation to discuss amendments as a larger group and make a final approval of the funding award.
Besides this structural change, the SUA Chair has created an email account that you can direct all questions regarding funding requests. While we try to make this webpage as easy-to-understand as possible, we recognize that you still may have lingering questions. We want to be accessible to you and quick in our responses. Please send all questions/comments/concerns to: email@example.com.
Who is eligible to apply?
Any UCSC Registered Student Organization; that means the organization is recognized as being registered under Student Organization Advising and Resources (SOAR).
The time frame that you must turn in your application for funding is as follows:
Begins: Friday, Oct. 5th at 8am
Closes: Monday, October 29th at 5pm
Notification date of placement on the agenda: You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, November 5th.
Notification date of placement on the agenda: You will receive an email from email@example.com by Monday, February 11th.
|When you have finished the DRAFT: Request for Funding, follow the 7 steps below:
1. After clicking the “Online Funding Request Form”, a page titled “Instant Web Publishing” will appear.
2. Click the “Online Funding Request” folder
3. Click on the circle marking “Guest Account,” then click “Login”
4. On the left hand side of the screen, click the downward arrow under “Layout”
5. Select “Online Funding Request” from the drop down menu if it isn’t already selected
6. The page titled “Request for Funding from the Student Union Assembly” appears
7. To start filling out the online form, click on the “+” icon directly under the word “Browse,” on the far left side of the page (icon has a “+” sign on it)
8. You will have 40 minutes to cut and paste your responses from your “DRAFT: Request for funding” document, into the “Online Funding Request Form”.
9. Click Submit. We will notify you of the next steps via email by Feb. 11th.
*Here is an example of a completed funding application.
SUA will only consider/view applications:
- That are complete
◦ Complete sections A, B, C, & D
◦ Please make sure your contact information is on the request
◦ Itemized budget is mandatory
- That request funding for one event or trip per application
- That are completed online
Funding is not guaranteed but we will try our hardest to accommodate as many requests until the funds expire.